Pay starts at $20.00 an hour and goes up depending on experience.
Our ideal candidate should have previous experience as a mechanic/technician in the trailer industry. Carpentry, welding and mechanic skills are a plus. We are looking for a self-motivated person with strong work ethics. We are willing to train the right applicant.
Duties will include:
• Read and understand the jobs and work order per company standards
• Preventative maintenance and repair all systems on Semi-Trailers to meet the standards set forth by DOT
• Remove and replace brakes, brake drums, hubs, seals, bearings, races and associated parts
• Repair electrical and lighting systems
• Repair or replace chassis components such as springs, spring hangers, equalizers, complete slider assemblies, axles, and sub frames Repair mud flap brackets and dolly leg assembles
• Repair or replace flooring, rub rails, doors and door trim Repair roofs, panels, nose panels, lower and upper rails Conform to all safety and health standards
• Assist fellow mechanic technicians
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Life Insurance
• Long and Short Term Disability
• 1 - 3 years of experience in trailer repair or equivalent experience with welding, carpentry, and mechanic skills
• Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• Must furnish own tools
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, crouch, stoop, reach, stretch, step, climb, and / or sit frequently and lift heavy (up to 60lb) throughout the duration of the day
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Attention to detail and highly organized